The Eck Visitors Center
, located on Notre Dame Avenue, offers not only a meeting and resting place for visitors, but also provides an intriguing look at the University's history. In addition, our auditorium offers a 12-minute DVD movie that chronicles Notre Dame's tradition and commitment to excellence.
Regular hours for the Eck Visitors Center
are as follows:
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Saturday and Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Prospective Students: For tours including information on student life at Notre Dame, please visit the Admissions Office here.
- FREE Public Tours: (for groups of 10 or less - NO RESERVATION NEEDED.) Visitor Center tour offers a general historical and social overview of life at Notre Dame. Most tours will include visits to the Grotto, Basilica of the Sacred Heart, Main Building (the Golden Dome), and "Touchdown Jesus." Tours are not permitted to enter Notre Dame Stadium.
(Monday - Friday only - Eastern Time, weather permitting.)
**Tours are not offered on certain holidays and student breaks. Please call 574-631-5726 to inquire.
January - March: 1:00 p.m. only
April - May: 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
June - Mid-August: 10:00 a.m. , 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
Mid-August - December: 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Home Football Fridays : 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
- Private Tours: ( For groups of 10 or more) Private tours can be requested to meet your specific needs. Tour requests are subject to student tour guide availability. Tours may NOT be available during certain times due to limited tour guide availability or campus events. Your tour must be scheduled more than 10 days in advance, and one tour guide is required for every 25 persons. There is a fee of $30 per guide.
* Note: Tours in the Basilica are only allowed:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (Groups must be out by 11:00 a.m.)
Saturday: No Tour Guides are on duty Saturdays. The Basilica is open to visitors , subject to wedding schedules
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Groups must be out by 4:00 p.m.)
(This schedule could change anytime due to events such as weddings, baptisms or funerals.)
Please respect this sacred place of worship by removing hats when entering and keeping noise to a minimum. Pictures are permitted of the church inside, but pictures are NOT permitted of the displays – large signs are posted.
Your starting point for football weekend information.
The Eck Visitors Center
is available to University departments, Notre Dame family and friends, community and business groups for lectures, meetings, small dinners, receptions and other special events.
Have a specific question? Check our Frequently Asked Questions page
, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org