A list of board members is available here.
Board Meeting Minutes
Following are the minutes for the most recent board meetings, which are held on campus or via conference call.
Spring 2010 (PDF)
Fall 2010 (PDF)
Winter 2011 (PDF)
Spring 2011 (PDF)
Winter 2012 (PDF)
The Alumni Board of Directors is a powerful body as a whole, but much of its work is done on a committee level. Following is an outline of the 2013 strategic goals for each committee.
Alumni Connections Committee
Chair: Elaine DeBassige
- Strengthen the connection between the Young Alumni, Minority Alumni Network and Notre Dame Senior Alumni Boards.
- Move forward with proposal to reach out to widows/widowers, separated and divorced members of the Notre Dame Family.
- Develop ideas to connect the Young Alumni, Minority Alumni and Senior Alumni groups more effectively with the broader Notre Dame Community.
- Assist with efforts to increase attendance at reunions.
Chair: Anne LaFlamme
- Improve international student recruitment practices through the Alumni Schools Committee (ASC).
- Increase engagement opportunities for alumni living outside the United States.
- Improve tools and data related to International Regional Directors and alumni living and working outside of the United States.
U.S. Clubs Committee
Chair: Lauren Fowler
- Improve communications with the clubs.
- Provide more consistent contact points for club leaders.
- Streamline and simplify feedback from club leaders.
- Create a forum for club leaders to share best practices and documents.
- Work with NDAA to provide input for new process for the club annual reports.
Chair: Bob Manning
- Help plan and execute local logistics of four to six Career Resource Seminars as part of the ONWARD Program.
- Advise on the creation of a public Alumni Resume Board within the ONWARD Program and develop marketing plan to gain alumni usage.
- Devise a new program in conjunction with the ND Career Center.
Spirituality and Service Committee
Chair: Ron Wong
- Increase daily subscriptions to Pray at ND by promoting the Prayers at the Grotto.
- Continue to enhance the Tender, Strong, and True program and produce five broadcasts in 2011.
- Increase participation in Hesburgh Month of Service in May 2011.
- Contribute to the University’s initiatives in support of life.
Chair: Tom Tomasula
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Committee to ensure success of myNotreDame.
- Encourage Alumni Board members, and club, class and alumni group leaders to embrace myNotreDame.
- Garner feedback about myNotreDame from group leaders and users; develop a process to route feedback to the project team and help address issues.
- Assist with prioritization of enhancement requests and fixes.
- Help the myNotreDame team plan for the Alumni Association Leadership Conference and develop a plan to maximize the time with club, class and group leaders on campus.
Marketing and Communications Committee
Chair: Erin O'Connor French
- Work with the Technology Committee to ensure success of myNotreDame.
- Develop social media policies, strategies and metrics.
- Provide guidance on the launch of the new ND affinity banking program with Bank of America.
- Maximize opportunities to engage alumni, parents and friends through the travel program and other affinity programs.
Chair: Charlie Flood
- Select the winner of the 2010 Outstanding Educator Award.
- Provide guidance on the topics for the ND Perspectives and Reunion Seminars.
- Create plan for on-campus lifelong learning program.
- Develop online educational programming for alumni